Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Ruffled Tote. It's DONE!



I saw a cute ruffled tote on pinterest.  It looked a little complicated for my simple skills, but I pinned it anyway.  I kept looking at it and wondering if I could actually DO it. 

I decided to give it a try using just supplies I had on hand - then if it didn't turn out, I'm not out anything. :)  I had an old canvas tote with a picture of a gray wolf on the front and wording on the back.  Not that I don't like gray wolves or anything, but it wasn't my favorite bag to carry around.   I had a hard time coming up with fabric for the ruffles.  I didn't have a lot of choices in the type of fabric I needed (now if it used FLANNEL - a whole different story!  I have plenty of that. ).  My daughter Audra helped me decide which fabrics would go together and I really love the combination.

I have to say I was so intimidated I just let the material and bag sit in the craft room a few days before I got up the courage to start cutting.  Once I got started, it probably took me 3 hours to finish the bag.  If I did it again I could do it in much less. 

The tutorial I followed from pinterest is HERE...  I love how she does ruffles.  Easy!  That's not how I learned to ruffle. :)  My hope it posting my project is that you'll figure if *I* can do it, so can you!





Here's my bag before:



And after:

No comments:

Post a Comment